Happy Wednesday! If you follow me on Snapchat or you’ve hung out with me at a Cafe before, you know that my go-to caffeine beverages are quite few. With that being said, one of my all time favorites is a Matcha Soy Latte! I have issues with dairy milk, so I try to stay away from that as much as I could. So, today I am giving you another quick, effortless, and a customizable recipe that any baristas or wanna-be baristas (like me) can easily put together! Trust me 🙂
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- You can use any type of milk you want, whether that’d be cow, goat, cashew, almond, coconut, or rice milk!
- You can opt to top it off with or without whipped cream and a sprinkle of green tea powder.
- You can add sugar/sugar substitute if you like yours to be “extra” sweet.
- Feel free to use a milk frother if you have one.
- If you know how to do Latte art, then by all means, go for it!
Ingredients you will need:
- 4 tbsps of Water
- 6 tsps of Matcha powder
- 1 cup (and a splash) of Unsweetened Organic soy milk
- Optional: Extra creamy whipped cream
1. Bring your water to a boil in a pot. When your water is ready, add your matcha powder. The key here is to completely dissolve your matcha powder. Lower down your heat so your mixture is not boiling anymore.
2. Add your milk and stir until homogenous. Give it a few moments to make sure your mixture is heated and combined thoroughly. If you wish to add sweeteners to your concoction, now is the time to do so.
3. Using a whisk, frothe your matcha latte vigorously for about 30 seconds. If you have a milk frother, you can use that instead!
4. Once everything is good to go, transfer your matcha latte to a mug and top it off with whipped cream (optional). I didn’t add green tea powder for topping/decoration but you can totally do that if you want to!
And now it’s ready to be served! I paired it with toasted bagels topped with fresh strawberries and strawberry cream cheese for this mornings breakfast. Yummy! You can also drink your matcha soy latte by itself anytime of the day, of course 🙂
I honestly feel a bit healthier drinking homemade matcha soy latte instead of ordering it from a coffeeshop and on top of that, I don’t have to spend anything for an (overpriced) beverage. Woohoo! 🙂 Anyways, I hope you give this one a try and enjoy the rest of your day. Until next time …