Hi everyone! I’m well aware that my last blog post was in November of last year, so I apologize for being MIA for so long! The holidays and new year has kept me really busy.
For my come back post, I decided to give you guys a little bit of an update regarding how has the last 9 months and 19 days postpartum been for me! I’m sure you guys are curious if I have learned a thing or two about motherhood by now and I have! The journey of motherhood has its fair share of ups and downs, but being Yuna’s mom has been one of my biggest blessings in life and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Being a mom has its perks and rewards too, despite the regular exhaustion and sleepless nights.
Below are ten things I’ve learned about Yuna and motherhood so far …
Things I’ve learned about Yuna:
*Used the Beauty Plus app to create this kitten look just for fun & giggles! :)*
- She will reject a bottle of supplemented formula, but she almost never rejects a bottle of breast milk or my boob!
- She loves bath time!
- She dislikes getting her diaper changed.
- She’s not a picky eater, as long as it isn’t sour or spicy.
- She loves to play with everything that isn’t a toy and she barely plays with her toys.
- She loves being sang to and singing along to nursery songs/lullabies.
- She loves getting around in her baby carrier or buckled up in a shopping cart, but she hates being in her carseat/stroller.
- She loves to smile, wave hi, clap her hands, give hugs and kisses (when asked), opens/closes her hands, do high fives, bounce up and down, and swing from side to side!
- She doesn’t like to wear socks or shoes.
- She likes being around other children and she’s very friendly!
Things I’ve learned about motherhood:
*Used the Beauty Plus app to create this kitten look just for fun and giggles! :)*
- Yuna is my first and foremost priority.
- There isn’t a time when I don’t find her adorable 🙂
- I can never get enough tight embraces and sloberry kisses.
- I find myself saying “i love you” to her countless of times per day.
- Breastfeeding when she already has teeth can be painful.
- Being away from her for more than a couple of hours is difficult, I miss her too much!
- My cellphone battery drains so fast because she loves to watch her baby shows/listen to nursery songs when were in the car.
- Forget about having time to properly get myself ready and get all dolled up before leaving the house.
- Stubborn baby weight that wont disappear, stretch marks on my tummy and back of my thighs, and my under eye circles that just keeps getting darker, are all part of the mommy package!
- No drinking alcohol or too much caffeine because I’m still breastfeeding. Pumping and dumping my liquid gold is one of my worst nightmares!
I hope you guys enjoyed reading through my list! If you are a parent too, you’ll know exactly where I’m coming from 🙂 Until next time …